*BONUS: Free employee housing through October 31st 2021*
The Bartender is responsible for maintaining the bar area, serving restaurant and bar patrons at the bar and filling drink orders for the dining room. Providing high level customer service while maintaining control of the bar, serving drinks and managing the cash, credit and room charge transactions.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Provide prompt, efficient and courteous beverage service to guests ensuring proper mixology, portion control and content information to guests.
- Practice full alcohol awareness as to the levels of guest alcohol consumption and make decisions as to continued service and consumption.
- When necessary courteously and discreetly (as possible) cut-off guests from further service and consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Strictly enforce ID compliance to ensure legal age requirements for service and consumption are met.
- Make sure bar operation is set up and ready to open on time.
- Make sure bar operation makes “last call” and stops serving at the proper time.
- Provide dining room service bar to Food & Beverage Servers for beverage orders.
- Provide dining room service in the bar area.
- Maintain sanitation standards for the bar area.
- Perform side work for bar as assigned per shift including stocking of supplies.
- Perform all cashier duties using the Micros system including; ringing up sales collecting cash, credit card, or room charge; tracking Server sales; making shift deposit.
- Handle all guest complaints to best of ability and circumstance as necessary.
- Adhere to all safety and risk management policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older to be able to legally serve and sell alcohol beverages in the state of Arizona.
- Previous bartending experience with extensive knowledge of various types of beer, wine, applying and firmly enforcing State liquor laws and company policies with regard to alcohol service.
- Strong guest service and interpersonal skills.
- Certification as a mixologist from a reputable bartending school preferred.
- Knowledge of food sanitation programs and policies.
- High level guest service skills.
- Multi-tasking skills (ability to memorize orders and manage multiple priorities while maintaining productivity during peak hours of operation).
- Verbal comprehension (understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions).
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills).
- Intermediate math skills.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in inclement restaurant conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required alcohol awareness and food safety certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 10lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.
As a Xanterra Tusayan employee, you have a responsibility to protect the environment. While on duty, you are to comply with all environmental regulations and policies, prevent pollution of the environment, reduce waste and recycle.
EEO: Xanterra is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.