Create lifelong memories while earning college credit! Join our team as an Intern in Grand Canyon National Park
Grand Canyon employees have the unique opportunity to live, work and explore in one of the world’s natural wonders. During your internship you will meet employees and visitors from all over the world and gain incredible hands-on experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
Our internships are for students pursuing degrees within the Hospitality and Culinary field. Opportunities are available during our summer and fall season, April – December. We prefer candidates be able to work for at least 3 months.
When applying, please include the internship requirements from your school.
- Grand Canyon National Park Lodges operates lodging and food operations on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.
- Our parent company, Xanterra Travel Collection also operates in several other national parks and opportunities exist to transfer to other parks after your internship.
- More than 100 various hospitality and culinary positions provide students the opportunity to focus internships on a specific area of interest.
- Our employees enjoy living in the park and have many opportunities for outdoor activities in the Grand Canyon and the surrounding areas.
What We Provide
- Simple living in a National Park with low-cost housing (dormitory style) and meals (cafeteria style) provided
- A low-cost bimonthly deduction covers three meals a day, your dorm room, and all associated utilities and the use of in-house laundry facilities
- Employee rec center – Fitness Equipment, Computers and free WiFi
Students should be pursuing additional culinary skills or a hospitality degree. Job requirements will depend upon the students interest, skills and anticipated professional development. This will also depend in the deparmtnet you would be working within.
What You Will Learn
- Gain familiarity with operations at a high volume resort property
- Gain hands-on experience in the hospitality and support industry
- Have access to management operating in the nation’s first national park
- Have access to management training opportunities from the training course catalog
- Network with members of the staff and learn about their roles
- Gain real-life work experience in the hospitality industry
- Identify some of the challenges and solutions for operating a sustainable Hospitality Enterprise within a National Park.
Why the Xanterra Travel Collection
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in the Grand Canyon, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
PLEASE NOTE: As we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to adopt appropriate sanitization measures and are carefully following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state protocols for preventing the spread of COVID-19. We are dedicated to creating a safe and healthy environment for both employees and guests.