Greet guests and seat diners in an expedient fashion while maintaining a proper seating flow in the dining rooms.
- Greet the guests as they approach the podium and make them feel welcome.
- Remain knowledgeable of property wide offerings, current trail conditions as it relates to water supply, closures and bus routes.
- Remain fluid with all hours of operations for the restaurant and current menu selections as well as the daily feature.
- Field phone calls as necessary while assisting guests with all inquiries including guest room dining orders.
- Seat the guest(s) as quickly as possible or if table is not immediately available, accurately informing the guest(s) of how long the wait period will be.
- Enter guest name and number in party on the wait list and give guest an accurate time of the wait period.
- For those dining rooms that utilize a reservations system, check guests in and informs them as to the length of time before they will be seated.
- Keep the seating chart current and seat guests in a proper flow in the sections so as to not over seat any sections.
- Keep menus clean and presentable and discard any menus that are too worn or tattered.
- Report any guest complaints and/or issues immediately to the Service Manager or Unit Manager. Respond to such in a professional, sincere manner.
- Complete opening and closing side duties according to dining room standards.
- Maintain seating log to ensure accurate cover count for the seating period.
- Assist Bussers as needed to clear and set tables.
- Other duties as assigned.