The Restaurant Manager is responsible for floor supervision and oversight of the daily dining and beverage outlet operations. This includes all aspects of guest service, cleanliness of the restaurant facilities and building employee relationships. In addition, this position supports the Restaurant Manager with advanced administrative responsibilities including using Kronos, accurately logging invoices; tracking uniform usage and overseeing all food outlet supplies.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Responsible for overseeing the daily operation of all dining outlets to maximize profitability, minimize legal liability and conform to the regulations of Coconino Health Department and Arizona Liquor Laws.
- Responsible for compliance with all health and safety regulations and enforcing sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of dining and food service areas.
- Responsible for reporting all maintenance repair requests in a timely manner.
- Support F&B compliance training programs by scheduling staff and assist in conducting assigned classes. Review tracking of front of house (FOH) staff to be in compliance with TIPS and Arizona Liquor Law.
- Reviews and monitors expenditures to ensure that business unit(s) conforms to budget limitations. Records daily sales and labor costs on the “Actuals” spreadsheet to monitor labor costs.
- Co-responsible with back of house (BOH) Manager for the efficient buffet set-up, maintenance and break down in accordance with current timetable. Following staffing guides for FOH and sets up sections for the meal period.
- Ensure all guest complaints (food quality and service) and employee’s concerns/issues are investigated, resolved and handled in a professional manner; follow up with Operations Manager.
- Perform periodic walk-through in the dining room and business unit(s); working closely with all BOH Managers to look at all areas of food service to ensure food quality, consistency, presentation, cleanliness and safety is maintained. Participate in quarterly F&B audits to determine areas and/or processes which may have opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for completing accident reports thoroughly and communicating with the Risk Manager as soon as possible, following-up with the General Manager and/or Operations Manager.
- Ensure staff members adhere to all grooming and uniform standards; meeting the appearance standards as outlined in the Xanterra Tusayan, LLC Employees Handbook and departmental guidelines.
- Ensure proper accounting procedures are in place and are enforced for check outs, voids, comps, spec sheets special event billing and tours. Responsible for FOH general invoices, coding; and tracking for non-foods and beverage.
- Responsible for the completing the weekly manager schedules and scheduling of employee’s as required to meet business needs; review with General Manager and or Operations Manager to ensure schedules meet labor budget and guest demands.
- Completes and issues hourly staff annual evaluations in a timely fashion; review with General Manager and/or Operations Manager. Issues periodic informal evaluations (HIGS) on FOH staff members on a bi-annual basis.
- Responsible for administering disciplinary actions fairly and consistently with the approval of General Manager and/or Human Resources.
- Responsible for reviewing and daily approval of all FOH employees through Kronos.
- Follow up daily on the Company environmental program ensuring adherence to the recycle program and education of staff employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous two years food service management or supervisory experience with a thorough knowledge of food and beverage industry including alcohol sales.
- Requires intermediate to advanced skill using Microsoft Office software programs (Word and Excel, Outlook) and Point of Sale Systems (POS)
- Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. Will consider a combination of practical experience and education as an alternate.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) language skills preferred.
- High level guest service skills.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Intermediate-Advanced computer skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in inclement restaurant conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required alcohol awareness and food safety certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 10lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.
EEO: Xanterra is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.