The Guest Service Agent professionally greets and welcomes guests upon entrance, provides high level service while ensuring smooth guest registration, checkout, accurately collects payment and provide property information to the guests.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
· Follows all established front desk procedures in carrying out assigned duties.
· Provides high level service while registering guests in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner.
· Handle guest accounts properly including posting of charges, and collection of payment.
· Maintain strict guest security in controlling keys, issuing keys, and divulging guest information.
· Knowledgeable of property information (hours of operations, activities, etc.) and provide accurate information of Grand Canyon National Park and surrounding areas to guests inquires.
· Responsible to receive a guest’s request or complaint; own it and follow up to verify the request or problem has been resolved to the guest’s satisfaction; involve the supervisor as necessary.
· Work closely with Housekeeping department to keep status of rooms current and up to date.
· Book out of park tours for guests as requested, based on availability.
· Work with Bell staff to assist guests with requests as needed.
· Adhere to all Xanterra Tusayan, LLC lost and found procedures.
· Maintain bank with accuracy and security; close out at end of shift bank, balance and deposit.
· Ability to shift priorities and duties as directed by supervisor.
· Other duties as assigned
· Previous experience in a guest facing position, such as front desk or concierge with money handling responsibilities.
· Experience with computers and Windows type software.
· High level of professionalism and communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions).
· Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed direction).
· Attention to Detail skills (minimize the risk of error).
· Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills).
· Multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
· Intermediate computer skills.
· Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
· Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
· Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
· Complete required training programs.
· Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
· Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, standing, walking, using eye/hand coordination, handling, wrist motion.
· Frequently walk and lift or carry up to 10 lbs.
· Occasionally sit, handle, reach outward, reach above shoulder, squat or kneel, lift/carry and push or pull up to 100lbs.
· Will be required to stand long periods of time and to occasionally walk up flights of stairs.
BENEFITS: For full-time employees, Xanterra offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental & Vision; HSA & FSA; Life & Disability; Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness; Pet Insurance; Vacation, Sick and Holiday Paid Time Off; 401(k) with Company Match; Employee Assistance Plan; Education Assistance; and Employee Discounts and Travel Deals. Affordable dormitory housing and meal plan available.
EEO: Xanterra is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.