The Lead Facilities Maintenance Engineer is an advanced skill level position responsible for performing general maintenance and repair activities associated with the operation of all Xanterra Tusayan/Grand Hotel facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Performs and completes assigned tasks without close supervision.
- Greet all guests with an appropriate welcoming gesture, hold door and assist guest with any directions or questions as necessary.
- Complete general maintenance assigned maintenance requests, ensuring timely completion, thoroughness and cost effectiveness.
- Performs routine daily pool maintenance.
- Ensure that staff is adhering to all prescribed Company, statutory/regulatory policies and procedures regarding worker safety, risk management, environmental policies, HAZMAT, HAZCOM, confined space, lockout/tagout and vehicle operation.
- Perform maintenance in employee housing.
- Perform inspections, and keep clean housing units.
- Perform basic carpentry, Carpet cleaning, and painting duties as necessary and directed.
- Report maintenance problems in an accurate fashion that require trade specific skill and attention
- Ensure that work orders are being completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adhere to all safety and risk management policies management as necessary.
- Maintenance personnel must proactively seek out and report any safety issues regarding electrical, plumbing, HVAC, so that proper repairs can be made.
- Report maintenance problems in an accurate fashion that require trade specific skill and attention.
- Wear required personal protective equipment as required while performing job.
- Ensures all repairs involving electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, and other repairs must adhere to current building codes and regulations.
- Perform second level maintenance and repairs as related to the preventive maintenance program.
- Assist in the training and development of lower General Maintenance grades.
- Must have the ability to report in and assist during emergency operations including power outages and evacuations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three-year’s experience in general building maintenance, or in trades such as electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, etc.
- Must possess a valid/clear Arizona Driver’s License, and be able to comply with the Xanterra Tusayan, LLC Company Vehicle Policy.
- Must acquire CPO Certification within 30 days of employment.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry as it relates to Engineering functions.
- Familiar with current National Uniform Building Codes.
- Competent in all areas of the General Maintenance III and II level positions.
- Knowledge of concrete, tile or General Construction.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions).
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills).
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in all inclement weather conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, balancing, climbing, twisting, eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping, ascending and descending ladder.
- Trunk Strength-The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving our or fatiguing.
- Static Strength-The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Constant carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 10lbs.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 25lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 100lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.