Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Telecommuting Policy: A plan has been created to officially rollout a hybrid work-from-home option that will take effect this September. This position will participate in this new policy. The policy requires working in the office 20% every week.
Perform general accounting processes to ensure accurate and timely accounting close cycles and the development of subsequent internal and external financial statements and reports, including entries, analysis and reconciliation of accounting ledgers and other accounts and preparation of inter-company billings, property valuations, required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings. This position performs analysis and preparation of reporting for month end close, FERC Forms, compliance filings and rate cases. This position handles a significant amount of the cyclical work for the depreciation team and without this role, there would be a risk of missed deadlines due to overlapping priorities for the Senior Analysts.
- Participate in and support accurate month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close cycles and development of subsequent internal and external financial statements, required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings.
- Collect and analyze financial data in order to perform some or all of the following accounting processes: reconcile assigned accounts, analyze financial data and prepare accounting ledger entries, prepare internal and external reports, settle inter-company receivables and payables, prepare property valuation. Identify and resolve moderate to complex issues. Analyze financial data to identify adverse trends and recommend solutions to mitigate financial impact.
- Participate in and support special projects as assigned. May include, but not limited to testing system upgrades or enhancements, rate case support, conducting financial analysis and developing special reports and process improvement initiatives.
- Provide timely and accurate assistance to clients within supported business area. Assistance includes, but is not limited to interpretation of account codes or financial reports, providing project status reports, and guidance about accounting policies. Prepare presentations, statistical reports, schedules and other information on operating results for management and outside parties. May train other analysts.
- Stay current with new or proposed local, state, federal rules and regulations and internal and external financial reporting requirements. Applies knowledge of accounting and GAAP principles, practices, rules, processes, operations and company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum two years general financial accounting and reporting experience with an emphasis on accounting issues and processes.
- CPA or CMA certification preferred.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply GAAP principles, knowledge of business and legal principles, and analytical and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO – Denver || CO – Denver; MN – Minneapolis || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 75310:Capital Asset Accounting || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $54,800 to $77,800 per year
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 34511
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org