Here at Y STEM and Chess Inc., Our mission is to empower underserved and at-risk children with an opportunity to pursue STEM careers and change their life trajectory. Teaching underserved children chess, math, and computer science to empower them to pursue STEM majors/professions with the support of professionals. We are hiring a Content Writer to help us keep growing. If you’re dedicated and ambitious, Y STEM and Chess Inc. is an excellent place to grow your career. This a volunteer unpaid internship. Don’t hesitate to apply.
Graphic designers/artists design graphics for use in media products such as magazines, labels, advertising, and signage. Typical activities include:
- liaising with the founder to determine their requirements and budget
- managing Founder proposals from typesetting through to design, print, and production
- working with Founders, briefing and advising them with regard to design style, format, print production, and timescales
- developing concepts, graphics, and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites
- determining size and arrangement of copy and illustrative material, as well as font style and size
- preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief
- reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required
- liaising with external printers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality.
Graphic designers work mainly nine to five, but deadlines may require working additional hours. Opportunities for graphic designers exist in cities throughout the country, although freelance designers can work from home.
Career development will more than likely require frequent job movement to widen your experience and develop your portfolio.
Key skills for graphic designers
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Professional approach to time, costs, and deadlines
College maybe available. You have to check with your department.