Y STEM and Chess Inc. is a nonprofit. We teach underserved children chess, math, and coding to help them pursue STEM majors/professions using STEM professionals to teach. You can find our website ystemandchess.com.
Video Editor will help compile new and old content to post on our social media and Youtube. You will also be responsible for editing content about the Founder to help establish a brand that grows the company.
Video Editor responsibilities include:
- Manipulating and editing film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
- Taking a brief to grasp the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Reviewing shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
We are looking for a driven Video Editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting.
Ultimately, as a Film and Video Editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
- Take a brief to grasp the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scene value and contribution to continuity.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics, and effects.
- Create rough and final cuts.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
Job Types: Part-time
- Monday to Friday and/or weekends
- Fully Remote
Hours per week:
- Flexible schedule
- Pursuing a BS degree in any field film studies, cinematography, or related field
Together we can support more children to find their own success in STEM. You will be directly responsible for having a positive impact on millions of children from underserved communities. Please submit a resume through Handshake.
This ad will be removed when filled.