The Yiddish Arts and Academic Association of North America (YAAANA) is looking for an administrative intern. The mission of YAAANA is to promote Yiddish language and culture through academic and artistic events. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.yaaana.org.
We are currently seeking an organized, energetic, and diligent individual to assist us with administrative tasks. The intern will be in charge of handling communications with students, teachers, and artists, scheduling, creating Word and PDF documents, and other administrative tasks. No knowledge of Yiddish is required. Our interns receive free access to all YAAANA events and classes as well as to the YAAANA archives.
Training, supervision, and feedback will be provided. Interns must be able to work part time, between 5-20 hours per week.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Respond to student inquiries.
- Communicate with teachers and artists.
- Schedule meetings and classes.
- Assist with other administrative tasks where necessary.
Work experience & skills
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a timely manner.
- Strong initiative.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh at email@example.com Questions? Please call us at: 619-719-1776.