Internship title: Education Coordinator Internship
Reporting to: Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh, Founder of YAAANA
Credits: Unpaid internship
Hours: Part time: 5 – 20 hours per week (flexible)
Location: Remote internship
The Yiddish Arts and Academic Association of North America (YAAANA), based in San Diego,
California, is looking for an Education Coordinator intern. The mission of YAAANA is to promote
Yiddish language and culture through academic and artistic events. To learn more about the
organization, please visit www.yaaana.org.
We are currently seeking an organized, energetic, and diligent individual to assist us in our work
with teachers and students. No knowledge of Yiddish language is required. Our interns receive
free access to all YAAANA events and classes as well as to the YAAANA archives. Internships last 15 weeks, but can be more or less depending on the availability and needs of the intern.
Training, supervision, and feedback will be provided. Internships are unpaid.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
Key responsibilities & duties
1. Communication with current instructors, potential teachers and students.
2. Scheduling of classes and educational events.
3. Promotion of classes and educational events on our website and social media platforms.
4. Collaboration with other staff members on intensive Yiddish language and culture
5. Data collection and analysis for program development.
Work experience & skills
1. Exceptional written and oral communication skills
2. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a timely manner.
3. Strong initiative.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh
at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Please call us at: 619-719-1776.