Founded in 1998, the National Institute for People with Disabilities of New Jersey (NIPD/NJ), a member of YAI Network, provides a variety of services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. With an emphasis on creating opportunities for people we support to live as independently as possible, NIPD/NJ offers supervised, supportive, and independent residential programs in New Jersey. By providing in-home respite, information and referral, camping and recreation, after-school, socialization, and vocational programs, NIPD/NJ also supports children and adults with disabilities who reside at home with their families.
If you have a desire to assist and support people with disabilities, and whether you are able to devote 4 hours or 40 hours per week, we encourage you to apply and our Human Resources Department will assist you to finding an opportunity that is mutually beneficial.
The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm for working with people with intellectual/developmental disabilities and a willingness to help with ADLs (assisting with showering, toileting, grooming, etc.) as necessary.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required; some college is a plus
- A valid Driver’s License with no more than 5 points is required
- Ability to participate in 2 weekdays of NJS Mandated DDD initial trainings during normal business hours upon hire
- Tuberculosis test required for most positions
- New Jersey State drug test screening is mandatory.