Interested in outreach, recruiting, and empowering volunteers?
The Volunteer Coordinator Intern serves as a representative of YAI within the community, leading the charge in recruiting and onboarding volunteers. Volunteer Coordinators also lead in executing community engagement initiatives.
What you’ll do & how you’ll do it:
Volunteer Recruitment & Engagement – Lead YAI’s efforts to recruit volunteers
As a face of YAI in the community, the Volunteer Coordinator will communicate our mission, vision, and volunteer opportunities throughout the regions that YAI serves. The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for recruiting, screening, and onboarding prospective volunteers, and then supporting volunteers once they begin service.
Identifying and implementing effective recruitment strategies is a significant component of the Volunteer Coordinator role, as are the creation and execution of retention strategies, and planning for and hosting volunteer recognition events.
The Volunteer Coordinator will assist in creating a Volunteer Newsletter, posts for social media, and letters of appreciation to individual volunteers.
Record & Compliance Management – Ensuring accurate records isn’t just important, it’s the law
Stellar organizational skills are a must for ensuring all required clearances are completed by incoming volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator will also be responsible for accurate volunteer record tracking and data management through Salesforce.
In addition to supporting the Volunteer Department, the Volunteer Coordinator will occasionally be asked to support YAI’s HR Department by taking on other meaningful responsibilities.
- Currently enrolled in a high school, college, or university*
- Undergraduate or graduate-level student
- Passion for helping others and an interest in intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Creativity and flexibility in working on various projects
- Ability to work autonomously and complete projects independently, collaboratively, and cross-departmentally
- Can quickly learn new technology systems like Salesforce, and have a high level of comfort with Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Interest in exploring the non-profit sector
*This is an unpaid internship opportunity that is only open to current students. The internship may be able to satisfy college credit if approved by the student’s school.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam or disabled veteran. YAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.