- Provide direct service to children and adolescents in the community.
- Maintain designated level of service as determined by referring agency.
- Maintain contact with referring agency as needed.
- Provide support and advocacy to program participants
- Submit timely paperwork, which includes Service Delivery Encounter Forms, Progress Notes, Monthly Summaries, and time cards. In addition opening paperwork and closing summaries will be completed.
- Attend Child/Family meetings as required by referring agency.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of the Electronic Health Record.