YourTango is the premier media company dedicated exclusively to love and relationships. We present compelling, brave, and thoughtful editorial content that inspires, nurtures, informs, and entertains.
An ambitious marketing intern will work closely with our creative and dynamic full-time Experts team, under the direct supervision of Melanie Gorman – Senior Vice President of YourTango Experts. A marketing intern becomes an integral part of the YourTango team, learning the ins and outs of the online publishing business, working one-on-one with the YourTango Experts team to pitch, research and write business-focused articles for publication.
Interns meet regularly with their supervisor via Skype and email to review their work , get regular feedback and to participate in further trainings and projects. The marketing intern also gets the unique opportunity to participate in the 5- session YourTango Experts writing class to review writing style and expectations for content, are provided basic SEO training, attend weekly team meetings and business coaching sessions.
Our ideal candidate is someone with:
- Excellent writing skills with the capability to produce fast, super-clean copy for publication.
- The ability (and drive!) to write a minimum of 4-6 business-focused articles per week.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and typing skills with a passion for writing clean, error-free content.
- A degree (or currently pursuing a degree) in marketing, public relations, business, journalism, communication, writing, advertising, or related field.
- Stellar interpersonal and communication skills, with a fast-paced, high-energy, can-do mentality.
- The ability to juggle several tasks at once in a fast-paced remote/online work environment.
- Self-driven and undeniably reliable.
- Pitching headline and article ideas.
- Researching and writing a minimum of 4 business-focused articles per week.
- Sharing content on our social media platforms, interacting with readers and experts.
- Building articles within our content management system (we provide full training).
- Finding images, creating memes and simple images for header photos and in-body content.
- Using current Search engine optimization (SEO) techniques on every article (we provide training).
- Periodically working with the Experts team on various projects, training in areas to expand skillset, etc.
- Access to your own computer and reliable internet connection.
- Ability to communicate consistently throughout your scheduled shifts with our team in real-time via Skype for texting, voice calls, conference calls, and screen-sharing.
- Ability to work a SET weekly schedule, 22-25 hrs per week, weekdays during typical business hours for 16 weeks (Schedule approved at the beginning of the internship).
- NOTE: Like in a regular in-office setting, when you’re online during your shift, you’ll be interacting via Skype and available at a moment’s notice during your scheduled times, actively working throughout the day – so please make sure that you are able to be fully available during the schedule you decide on before applying for and accepting the internship.
Eligibility, Pay & Stipend:
- Intern must be located within the continental U.S throughout the duration of the internship.
- A $500 stipend to be paid upon completion of the 16-week internship via invoice, paper check/EBT. Hourly pay is not available for this internship. This internship adheres to the Fair Labor Standards Act and the standards set by the U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division.
- Interns may receive college credit for their internship.
About YourTango Experts:
YourTango Experts is a digital marketing company with a unique focus on the business needs of healing professionals. Our team is made up of coaches, therapists, reiki, and healing practitioners who each share a deep interest in how to use technology to connect with consumers.
We consult with our clients individually to explore their online footprint so we can explore how they can more meaningfully connect with clients, develop their brand, and sell more services. All while increasing their website traffic, reputation, and trustworthiness online.
We have built a powerful platform in which our robust community of readers, writers, brands, and the foremost thought leaders in mental health, love and relationships connect and engage where it matters most: the heart.