Job Title: Human Resources Intern
Reports To: Senior Director of Human Resources
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – partially remote – some in person duties required
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School’s mission is to empower young adults (18-20 year-olds) to develop skills and connect to opportunities by fostering an environment of love, support, and respect for their whole person. Students graduate high school and successfully transition to college and career as critically conscious leaders, committed to positive change for themselves and their communities.
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School provides an outstanding alternative education that activates the capacity of all students to learn, achieve and grow. YBPCS will be recognized as a model of authentic experiential learning, not only among programs serving out-of-school youth, but also among all high-achieving schools and youth programs in the country.
High expectations, a nurturing climate, personalized culture and rigorous real world learning experiences ensures that graduates are poised for life-long learning and career advancement. It is our vision that YouthBuild graduates will emerge as highly accomplished, self-sufficient, self aware and socially conscious citizens. Graduates will be energized about their futures and build support networks for their personal, social and emotional health and well-being.
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School will maximize its capacity to engage each student’s passion, tap into his or her individual potential and provide him or her with real opportunities for personal and professional transformation.
YBPCS’ values are deeply held and come from a love of humanity and a perspective that views each student as a community asset. The programs three core values – respect, excellence and perseverance – are reinforced through all aspects of the program.
Young people in Philadelphia who are disconnected will build skills and access resources and opportunities to achieve economic stability and personal development, and become critically conscious leaders within their communities.
Contribute to the enhancement of the organization’s human resources department by ensuring proper documentation, communication, and compliance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with the creating and maintaining employee files
- Assist with the company Wellness Program including advertising events in company newsletter and submitting wellness tips on a weekly basis
- Assist in employee onboarding
- Track employee required onboarding documentation and complete follow ups to ensure all necessary information is received by deadline
- Respond to general inquiries
- Support Paylocity system implementation
- Support employee benefits and payroll changes/ updates
- Additional duties as assigned by HR Specialist and Sr. HR Director
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher in human resources management or other related business degree.
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate to advanced Google Suite skills
- Commitment to social justice
- Demonstrated values that align to restorative practices
- Willingness to prioritize data collection, analysis, and sharing
How to apply: Send your cover letter and resume via email to Human Resources at email@example.com with subject line “HR Intern”. This internship can be completed for course credit. Students should consult with their academic advisor.
Note: If selected, you will be required to reproduce the following items on the first day of employment.
- FBI – Criminal History Report
- PATCH – Pennsylvania Police Department – Criminal Background Check (and/or applicable based on State of residency)
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- TB Test Results
- Act 24 – Arrest Conviction Form
- Act 168 – Sexual Misconduct Form
- NSOPW – National Sex Offender Clearance
The HR Department will provide the selected candidate with additional details regarding clearances and other job requirements.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.