The Summer VISTA Recruitment Support will lead efforts in developing a year round communication strategy and develop recruitment partners. This includes gathering data on student location trends and looking for ways to build a presence in lacking locations. The VISTA will develop communication materials and partnerships around recruitment. The VISTA’s work will be instrumental in setting up partnerships and systems that will increase the school’s recruitment capacity and last beyond the member’s year of service to ensure that all young people who need our services are aware of the option. The VISTA will develop efficient systems for:
- Support Documentation: Birth certificates, state IDs and social security cards are all needed when applying for jobs. We aim to help all potential students gain these documents as needed.
- Develop and support workshops: The summer Recruitment VISTA will work alongside the Recruitment Team to plan and support workshops that give perspective students a feel for YB Philly.
- Support the Recruitment and Grant Teams as Needed
· a living allowance of $542.22/biweekly pretax
· an education award of approximately $1,342 upon successful completion of term of service
· loan forbearance w/ interest accrual payment (federal loans)
This full-time AmeriCorps position is ideal for any candidate who is looking to gain experiences in any of the following areas: nonprofits, program design, research, data, charter schools, and/or urban education. Regular hours for this position are weekdays from 8a.m. to 4p.m. with flexibility required for occasional night or weekend events/projects. The position will begin as remote, with the expectation of going in person.
Term and Qualifications for VISTA Members
Applicants for our full-time AmeriCorps/VISTA Member position must:
● Be a current college student or graduate who is—
▪ proficient with Excel
▪ detail-oriented, and
▪ passionate about education
● Be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status
● Be in a position to offer full-time service for 8 weeks
● Be willing to live among and at the economic level of the low-income people served by the project and have a desire to provide needed community services to an under-served community
● Not listed in the National Sex Offender Registry database as convicted of a sex-related crime
● Applicants cannot be the subject of legal proceedings (civil or criminal) that may consume time needed for their assignments
To apply, complete your application via Paylocity