Summer VISTA – Systems
Job Title: Summer VISTA – Systems
Reports To: AmeriCorps Grant Coordinator
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
YouthBuild Philly is a life-changing two year program for young adults between the ages of 18 and 21 who have dropped out of high school serving approximately 450 young people per year, half as students and half as alumni. In the first year of the program, students engage in competency-based academics, vocational training in either building trades, business/customer service, early childhood education and healthcare, as well as serve as part-time AmeriCorps members. In the second year of the program, alumni receive support to pursue their goals in careers, college, and training. YouthBuild Philly is an award winning, flagship program of the national YouthBuild movement, and has been named a Top Workplace by the Philadelphia Inquirer for six consecutive years. The program’s core values are excellence, perseverance and respect. Our mission is to provide out of school youth in Philadelphia with the broadest range of tools supports and opportunities available to become self-sufficient, responsible and productive citizens in their community.
The Summer Systems VISTA will:
· Develop custom code that extracts data from Google Classroom: Under the direction of the Systems Analyst, the VISTA will support the creation of a tool that centralizes assignment and course data from Google Classroom using Google Classroom’s API into our custom Student Information System.
· Work with teaching staff to identify use cases and features related to assignment tracking: Under the direction of the Systems Analyst, the VISTA will work with teaching staff to identify uses of Google Classroom and assignment data in Classroom that streamlines data entry for staff and provides access to students.
· Provide the Grants Team support as necessary.
· a living allowance of $542.22/biweekly pretax
· an education award of approximately $1,342 upon successful completion of term of service
· loan forbearance w/ interest accrual payment (federal loans)
This full-time AmeriCorps position is ideal for any candidate who is looking to gain experiences in any of the following areas: nonprofits, program design, research, data, charter schools, and/or urban education. Regular hours for this position are weekdays from 8a.m. to 4p.m. with flexibility required for occasional night or weekend events/projects. The position will begin as remote, with the expectation of going in person.
Term and Qualifications for VISTA Members
Applicants for our full-time AmeriCorps/VISTA Member position must:
Be a current college student or graduate who is—
- Proficient with Excel
- Passionate about education
- A U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status
- In a position to offer full-time service for 8 weeks
- Willing to live among and at the economic level of the low-income people served by the project and have a desire to provide needed community services to an under-served community
- Not listed in the National Sex Offender Registry database as convicted of a sex-related crime
*Applicants cannot be the subject of legal proceedings (civil or criminal) that may consume time needed for their assignments