This position will be responsible for working on day-to-day activities and key projects for the Finance Team. The Finance Intern will be exposed to various Finance tasks, at times working directly with a Finance Team Members and at other times working on projects independently. This position will be responsible for delivering assistance and administrative support on various project and tasks. The Finance Intern is expected to work a set schedule of up to 20 hours per week during the school year and possibly full time over the summer months. Internship is expected to last one year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with month-end financial reports
- Assist in creating, updating and maintaining financial documents
- Assist with compliance requirements
- Work with the finance team on yearly forecasting efforts
- Maintain a high level of customer service to division & corporate departments
- Prepare miscellaneous Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents as needed
- Assist in a variety of Finance projects
- Work proactively with other team members
- Assist other Finance Teams as needed
- Other duties as requested
Education and Experience:
- Currently a full time student pursuing bachelor’s degree in Finance, or Accounting
- 0-1 years of experience
- Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Demonstrates ability to comply with YLA Core Competencies: Problem Solving & Decision Making, Accountability & Responsibility, Communication, Collaboration & Teamwork, & Customer Focus.
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email and preparing reports and work schedule using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) software.
- Review and analyze data and information concerning the operating results
- Complete [or oversee the completion of] assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world’s preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities – through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we’re dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world’s preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.