ZOLL Medical is a growing, innovation-driven company on the forefront of delivering medical devices to save lives, and software solutions to improve efficiency. With customers in more than 140 countries, we continue to expand our reach, as well as our product offerings. Hospitals, emergency medical services (EMS), and others trust us to provide high-quality products and exceptional customer service. ZOLL products are used every day across the globe to save the lives of people who suffer sudden cardiac arrest. From Real CPR Help® technology—an industry first—to the world’s only wearable defibrillator, our capabilities and features set us apart. But none of this would be possible without the motivation and dedication of ZOLL employees, and we’re invested in their success.
This position applies standard engineering techniques (Good Design Practices) and procedures to assist in the design, development, and support of new and currently marketed medical devices, including external defibrillators, external pacemakers, and monitors. May be involved in design analysis for new or existing designs, including stress and tolerance analyses of circuits. Assist with prototyping and board bring up of prototypes, including debug work. Work with electrical, mechanical, and software team members to support development activities. Participate in design and document reviews.
NOTE: This Intern position runs from May/June through December time frame.
- Design and development activities
- Documentation associated with engineering activities
- Debug testing, or qualification of designs
- Other projects related to engineering activities
- No or limited industry experience is required
- Computer tools proficiency
- Ability to read a schematic and analyze functionality
Required/Preferred Education and Experience:
- Junior or Senior, pursuing BSEE degree or equivalent
- Some experience with electrical engineering test equipment, including multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.
- Course work on analog and digital circuit theory
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
ZOLL Medical Corporation appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.