What we do
The Career Development Center at Rutgers University-Newark is a central resource that empowers undergraduate students, graduate students and alumni by teaching them skills and facilitating connections to fuel their career success.
Have a question, and don’t have an appointment? Use our drop-in hours on Tuesdays & Wednesdays: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM, no appointment necessary:
- Please log into Rutgers-Newark Handshake to access the login information for that day’s virtual room.
Monday-Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday extended hours: 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Evening appointments available 5:00 PM-6:00 PM through Rutgers-Newark Handshake
Monday-Friday: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Virtual
Tuesday & Thursday: In-Person (Hill 313)
Wednesday: 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
In Person (Hill 313) & Virtual
Want to schedule an appointment? Log into Rutgers-Newark Handshake
- If you can’t find an open appointment time that works with your schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and share your availability, so that a career coach can find a time that works for you.
Want to see our upcoming events? Log into Rutgers-Newark Handshake
The Career Development Center is committed to continuing to support your career goals.
- Postings and resources: Rutgers-Newark Handshake is a robust source for internships, jobs, volunteering, and other opportunities, as we approve new employers and postings daily. Rutgers-Newark Handshake also has many resources to help you explore your career options and prepare for opportunities. Login to see resources including Vault, InterviewStream, and Focus2 (Career Center–Resources).
- Coaching appointments: Please schedule appointments through Rutgers-Newark Handshake.
- For virtual appointments: when your appointment is confirmed, you will receive a calendar invite and an email which will include the link to your virtual meeting.
- Workshops, events, and other programs: Where possible, we are offering our programs in a virtual format. All updates will be posted in the Events section of Rutgers-Newark Handshake, with virtual links provided within each event’s details.
Please note: if you are currently interning, working, or volunteering, or if you have been invited to visit an organization (for an interview, site visit, or another purpose), we encourage you to reach out to that organization for guidance regarding attendance. If you are currently receiving academic credit for your experience, please reach out to your instructor for guidance.
We encourage you to stay connected to our office, and to continue promoting your organization with our students. Rutgers-Newark Handshake can be used not only to post opportunities, but to offer virtual programs to our students. You may submit an event request through Rutgers-Newark Handshake. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us via email or phone.