There’s still time to build momentum in your job search, and the great news is that it doesn’t have to take a lot of time either! You can get a head start for the school year and still have time to enjoy the summer.
Here are some small steps that will have big impact on your job search process:
1. Gain Experiences
- It’s not too late to get involved in a summer experience, and it’s not too early to start looking for fall opportunities!
- Check out the Experiential Opportunities page for a variety of experiences that will enhance your resume.
- Ready to start applying? Head over to the Jobs & Internships page to see what’s available on Rutgers-Newark Handshake.
2. Polish Up Your Resume
- Your resume is a work in progress, and you’ll want to update it regularly so it always has your most recent experiences on it.
- Read the information on the Resumes & Cover Letters page for guidance on what to include on your resume.
- Upload your resume to Quinncia for immediate feedback.
3. Expand your Network
- Reaching out to professionals in the field is a great way to learn about an industry or career path
- View the Making Connections page to learn how to reach out to connections confidently
- Connect to Rutgers alums to hear what they’ve been up to since graduating.
4. Practice Interviewing
- The best way to prepare for interviews is practice, practice, practice. Make sure to say your responses out loud and reflect on which experiences you want to highlight in an interview.
- Practice with Quinncia to learn what you need to work on (learn if you need to cut down on filler words, make eye contact, and more!)
- Read up on what to do before, during, and after interviews, and check out blogs on the latest interviewing trends.